Windshield Repair and Replacement
When a vehicle encounters windshield damage it may be difficult to decide whether repair or replacement service is necessary. Glass Doctor® of Naperville is experienced with windshield repair and replacement, and our specialists will advise you which solution is best for your circumstances.
In order to determine whether to have your windshield repaired or replaced there are a variety of factors we will consider.
- Size: In most situations, chips that are larger than 3/8 of an inch in diameter will warrant replacement of the windshield, while smaller chips can typically be repaired. Cracks that measure more than three inches in length will generally require windshield replacement, too.
- Location: Although we typically repair smaller cracks, the placement of the damage directly influences if our specialists can perform a windshield repair. Cracks that are located near the edge of the windshield will most likely indicate a need for windshield replacement. Additionally larger chips or cracks in the driver's direct line of vision will most likely warrant replacement of the windshield because repair service could leave a blurred outline of the repair site.
- Timing: Leaving chips and cracks untreated for extended periods of time will cause a build up of dirt and debris to accumulate making windshield repair difficult or unsuccessful. In order to avoid windshield replacement it is essential that you have any damages taken care of as soon as possible.
Glass Doctor of Naperville is happy to work with all major insurance carriers, and out representatives will handle all of the paperwork for you. It is always a good idea to contact your insurance agent prior to having your windshield repaired or replaced in order to verify coverage.
Windshield Repair in Naperville
In many cases, windshield repair is the most cost efficient service option. Our repair service fixes the damage that has already occurred, and it will stop the damage from growing. The specialists at Glass Doctor of Naperville recommend repair instead of replacement when possible for a variety of reasons.
- Cost Efficiency: Repairing your windshield is less expensive than opting for windshield replacement.
- Convenience: The specialists at Glass Doctor typically repair your windshield in under an hour, onsite.
- Insurance: In some cases, insurance companies will waive your deductible when you opt for windshield repair instead of replacement.
- Environment: When you choose to have your windshield repaired your original glass is renewed and reused, reducing glass waste.
In order to repair your windshield, our specialists will prepare the damaged area by removing any dirt and debris that has accumulated. In some situations the area is drilled in order to create a clear area to apply the resin. The resin is then injected into the crack or chip. Once the resin is cured, the area is polished, resulting in a clear finish.
Windshield Replacement in Naperville
Since your windshield makes up approximately 60% of your vehicle's structural support, neglecting to replace it in a timely manner could be detrimental to your safety. The specialists at Glass Doctor will install a windshield matching original's quality. Our specialists following the Auto Glass Safety Council's replacement guidelines for every windshield replacement we perform.
Every windshield replacement includes our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. This guarantee promises that if your new windshield is damaged within 12 months of installation, we will repair or replace the glass at no cost to you.
Trust Glass Doctor of Naperville to perform quality repair and installation services that benefit your vehicle! Call us today to schedule your onsite inspection!