Glass Tabletops & Custom Shelving
Your dining room deserves a beautiful focal point and there’s no better way to accentuate the space than with a glass tabletop. In addition to giving the space a modern look, glass tabletops go well with a variety of decorative styles and give you flexibility that traditional tabletops cannot provide.
Pair the tabletop with a set of custom glass shelves that give you the best of form and function. Glass Doctor® of Moorhead offers design services that assist you with the custom creation of perfect glass shelves and tabletops to give your home or office an updated look and added dimension.
Professional Consultations for Custom Glass Tabletops
When you want a custom glass tabletop, you don’t have to face the design process alone. Glass Doctor of Moorhead pairs you with a glass specialist who learns about your needs, takes precise measurements and discusses the custom options available. The individual will also address safety considerations, which are beneficial if you have children, plan to move the table often or want to use it outside in your outdoor living space.
Where to Use Glass Tabletops
In addition to dining room tables, glass tabletops look fetching on:
- New and existing pieces of furniture
- Coffee tables
- Writing desks
- Night stands
- Conference room tables
- Drafting tables
- Nested tables
- Antique furniture
- Side tables
- Entryway console tables
Customization Options for Glass Tabletops
Edge Profile Types
- Flat polished
- Ogee (OG) with an S profile
- Bull nose
- Beveled: ½ inch, ¾ inch, 1 inch, 1 ¼ inches and 1 ½ inches
- Double bevel
- Triple bevel
- Safety glass: Safety glass is ideal for tables that you want to use outside, like on a patio or by a pool. This type of glass is similar to the kind used for shower doors. Glass Doctor of Moorhead’s selection of safety glass includes laminated glass and tempered glass, which reduce the risk of bodily injuries if the glass breaks.
- Tinted glass: In addition to giving your glass tabletop a unique look, glass tinting blocks the sun’s UV rays, so chairs, upholstered cushions and carpeting beneath the table are less likely to fade.
Like glass tabletops, glass shelves look good with any type of home decor and serves as storage solutions and accent pieces. Glass Doctor of Moorhead’s clients like them because they make spaces seem larger and add a touch of elegance. Glass shelves feel more open and less intrusive than traditional wood or metal shelves, and allow more light to fill the room.
Where to Use Glass Shelves
- Bathroom walls
- Shower enclosures
- Accent walls
- Areas where you display art or collections
- Behind wet bars
Glass Shelf Customization Options
When you want custom glass shelves, a specialist from Glass Doctor of Moorhead will guide you through the deign process. After learning about where you want to install the shelves and what you intend to store on them, the glass specialist will make recommendations regarding the type of glass to use, as well as the best widths and thicknesses to ensure the safety of your belongings. The individual will also go over customization options, such as:
- Shelf style and design: The shelf shapes available include square and rectangular for walls. Corner shelf options include quarter-circle, triangular and pentagonal.
- Shelf configuration and the amount of space between shelves: The glass specialist will assist you with maximizing the space so the shelves fit all your belongings, give you room to grow and don’t overpower the room.
- Glass details: When designing custom shelves, choose the type of glass that best fits your needs. Give the shelves a unique look with our color and tinting options.
From glass tabletops to shelves and mirrors, Glass Doctor of Moorhead has the answers for all your custom glass needs. Contact us today for a free in-home consultation.