While glass windows are usually considered an aesthetic choice by most homeowners, they are also an integral part of the building and safeguard its interior from Mother Nature as well as vandals and other criminals. The installation of security film on the windows of your home or business enhances all of these features, not only is the window stronger and less subject to shattering but also blocks damaging solar rays and prying eyes.
Window tinting is beneficial to both the comfort in the office and in the home. Security film reduces sun-heated air temperature, computer glare problems and UV damage. Glass Doctor® of Montebello will advise you on what window tint to install at your home or office and complete the service with expert care.
Protecting Your Property
Instead of waiting to react after glass breaks or a break-in occurs, it is better to be proactive in securing your home or office. An investment in security film will prevent potential thieves from breaking in while preserving the interior view and also delay their access to your building. Additional benefits include:
- Greater privacy control in areas where needed by using darker tinting in vulnerable areas
- Enhanced protection from glass shards during an accident where the window is shattered for whatever reason
- Lowered graffiti-damage replacement costs because the film is replaced and not the glass itself
- Sunlight-redirecting security film will help utilize more natural light, which has been shown to increase worker productivity as well as more positively influence consumer behavior.
- The redirected lighting will also lower electricity costs.
Window Tint Regulations
Each state has its own laws and regulations for windows’ visible light transmission (VLT) for window tinting. Glass Doctor® of Montebello will comply with all state and local regulations in this regard. Also, note that window tinting and security film materials do not necessarily protect against damage from high winds or wind-borne debris although they can mitigate subsequent damages to the interior of your home or office building.
For further information on emergency glass repair, contact us at the Glass Doctor® of Montebello.
*Each state has its own laws and regulations for windows’ visible light transmission (VLT) and commercial window tinting. Glass Doctor window tinting and security film materials do not protect against damage from high winds or wind-borne debris.