Windshield Repair and Replacement
Windshield damage is easily repaired when you choose to work with the professionals at Glass Doctor® of McCook. Often, we can repair your chipped or cracked windshield the same day. Glass Doctor of McCook will repair your auto glass according the industry standards while delivering premium, professional service.
Windshield Service Factors
If repair is an option, Glass Doctor of McCook will always recommend that service. Some of the factors that influence whether we recommend windshield replacement or repair include:
- Location: If the chip or crack is directly in your line of sight, a windshield replacement is probably necessary. Because your windshield accounts for approximately 60% of vehicle's strength and protection during a rollover accident, if a crack has splintered and spread to your windshield's edge, a replacement is necessary.
- Size: Replacement is the best decision if the chip in your windshield is 3/8 inch deep or a crack is more than three inches long. Any damage beyond these lengths affect the integrity of the windshield.
- Time: Driving with a chipped or cracked windshield allows for dirt and contaminants to accumulate in the damage site. The longer you wait, the more difficult a repair becomes. If you wait too long, windshield replacement is your only option.
Safety is the main priority at Glass Doctor of McCook. If a repair will keep you safe, you will enjoy these benefits from windshield repair service:
- Environment: Glass will withstand the test of time at a dump site; that's why we continually seek ways to recycle glass products. Windshield repair is the ecologically safe way to keep glass out of Nebraska's landfills.
- Insurance: Many insurance providers will waive your deductible and also pay for windshield repair.
- Cost: A repair is less expensive than a replacement service.
- Time: A windshield repair is faster than replacement; turnaround time is often within one hour.
How We Repair Windshields
To effect a good repair, the Glass Doctor of McCook trained specialists:
- Remove dirt and debris from the damaged area.
- Inject a resin into the crack or chip; it attaches to the surface of the glass.
- After the resin is cured, the area is polished to a clear finish that blends into the windshield glass for a seamless repair!
How We Replace Windshields
The steps for an effective windshield replacement include:
- Removal: The windshield must be carefully removed, avoiding damage to the mounting site which might cause corrosion or leaks.
- Mounting: A windshield matching your vehicle's original equipment manufacturer is installed using Auto Glass Safety Council™-approved adhesives.
- Curing: The adhesive needs at least one hour to cure for safe drive-away time.
One benefit of working with Glass Doctor of McCook on your replacement is our guarantee. If you suffer damage within 12 months, we will repair your pane free of charge. If you need a second replacement, we'll cover the cost of glass. Check out our various guarantees to pick the coverage that suites your needs.
Work with the Best in McCook
We'll file all necessary paperwork with your insurer no matter the service we perform. Contact your insurance provider to verify coverage before any windshield replacement or repair work. For your safety, we can bring our mobile unit to you for windshield repair, we welcome your visit our shop for replacement service! Call 308-345-4025 or fill out our online form to set an appointment suited to your schedule!