Door Closer Repair Service
Door closers are a simple, convenient way for users to open and close heavy doors with minimal effort. Installing and maintaining door closers properly keeps doors operating smoothly, limiting risk to the door, door closer and user. Glass Doctor® of McCook offers manual door closer repair and maintenance services for McCook retailers and other commercial property owners.
How Door Closers Work
A manual door closer enables an individual to operate a door with ease because there is no need to physically close it after entry. When a door closer is installed correctly, the user feels resistance while opening the door, which indicates the weight of the door. Following the initial resistance, the door opens smoothly. After the user stops applying resistance, the door closer spring makes the door close gently until it's back in its original place.
Door Closer Repair
The entry to any business experiences daily use. It is vital the door closer be in good repair in order to accommodate the traffic. Common issues that will affect door closer performance include:
- Improper types of door closers: The heavier the door, the stronger the door closer and spring must be. Installing the wrong type of closer for a door increases the risk of misalignment and damage to the door, door closer and user.
- Incorrectly installed and adjusted door closers: Our team at Glass Doctor of McCook uses the proper tools to install and maintain door closers, extending their lifespan and keeping them in good working order at all times. Hiring an experienced specialist to install and care for your door closer and adjust its spring is critical for preventing the following issues.
- Unusual or unexpected door movements
- Damage to the door frame
- Seal repairs and low oil levels: Broken seals reveal clearance gaps, heightening the risk of lubricant leaks and damage to the hardware. Typically oil leaks point to a mechanical issue with a door closer, such as broken O-rings, failed seals or a missing screw. When the oil level is low, have a professional replace it right away. A door closer lacking lubrication will cause the door to open or close too quickly, which may injure the door or user.
- Difficult to lock doors: Leaving a commercial door unlocked increases the risk of theft and vandalism. A damaged or broken door lock may also affect the door closer, locking mechanism or door frame.
Door Closer Maintenance Services
Hiring an untrained individual for a door closer repair may void the door closer contract. The specialists at Glass Doctor of McCook undergo extensive training in door closer installation, maintenance and repair, ensuring your doors remain in solid working condition. In addition to door closer repair services, our team offers assistance with thresholds, hinges, door frames, glass and other door components. To learn more about our door closer repair services or to set up an on-site consultation, contact us today.