Windshield Repair and Replacement
When your vehicle suffers from windshield damage, contact Glass Doctor® of Montgomery County for windshield crack repair or replacement services. Our team of specialists provides quality repairs for chipped or cracked windshields. However, extensive windshield damage will require a full windshield replacement for optimal visibility and security.
Repair or Replacement Service Criteria
Here are a few factors used to determine whether windshield repair or full replacement is the best solution for your vehicle:
- Size of damage: Typically, any chips deeper than 3/8 inch and any cracks that extend past three inches will require windshield replacement.
- Location of damage: Any damaged areas that have spread to the edge of the windshield will most likely require replacement. Likewise, damage that has occurred in the line of vision for the driver may require replacement, since repairs do not always cure with 100% clarity, leading to decreased visibility for the driver.
- Timespan: Any damaged regions that have been left exposed buildup dirt, making it difficult or impossible to clean and repair the region properly.
We Work With Your Insurance
Many vehicles carry full glass coverage with their auto insurance. If your insurance policy includes this perk, our team at Glass Doctor of Montgomery County will be able to take care of your paperwork for you. Please contact your insurance agent to confirm coverage before having the windshield repaired or replaced.
Repairing a windshield is often an effective, cost-efficient alternative to replacing the full windshield.
When possible, Glass Doctor of Montgomery County will recommend repair, rather than replacement because it is an affordable, convenient service option for many customers.
- Convenience: Most windshield repairs can be completed within an hour. Our mobile unit will make a repair at a location suited to your schedule. Ask us to come to your home or meet you at the office to perform a repair!
- Inexpensive: The cost of a windshield crack repair is much less expensive than a full windshield replacement.
- Insurance Advantages: Many insurance companies offer to waive your policy deductible when you opt to repair the pane.
- Environmentally Advantageous: A repair service ensures the glass isn't added to local landfills. Windshields are notoriously hard, often impossible, to recycle.
When working on a windshield repair, we will first clean the damaged area to remove any built-up dirt and debris. Next, the repair resin is injected into the crack or chip, allowed to cure, then polished for optimal clarity.
If your windshield has suffered severe damage, it is crucial to replace it as soon as possible. Most vehicles rely on the windshield for up to 60% of the overall structural integrity of the vehicle in the case of a collision or rollover accident.
Our windshield replacement process ensures every pane is installed with the greatest care and attention to detail.
- Removal: The damaged windshield is removed carefully to prevent damage to the vehicle.
- New Glass: We pick a new windshield, which aligns with the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) quality.
- Adhesives: Our adhesives are approved for use by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC).
- Cure: After installation is complete, the vehicle is required to remain in our shop for at least an hour, which gives the adhesive time to properly set.
- Quality Guarantee: All new windshield installations are covered by our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. If the new windshield is damaged within 12 months of installation, we offer free repairs. If, within 12 months, the windshield must be replaced, Glass Doctor of Montgomery County will provide you with a new windshield free of charge.
Don't risk the safety of your passengers with a damaged windshield. Contact Glass Doctor of Montgomery County for windshield crack repair and replacement you can trust.