Windshield Repair and Replacement
Most vehicle owners in the greater Bethlehem area know their windshield is the first line of defense against the elements and flying debris from the road and accidents. Repairing or replacing your windshield at the first sign of damage will ensure that important level of defense remains intact.
The automotive glass specialists at Glass Doctor® of Lehigh Valley recognize the importance of seeking immediate professional attention for any windshield damage no matter how slight it may appear. Our experts specialize in fast, professional and courteous mobile service.
Factors Influencing Windshield Repair
There are two very important reasons to repair or replace a damaged windshield:
- Having a clear field of vision is one of the most important safety aspects of operating a vehicle.
- Cracks in a windshield grow over time, seriously impairing your ability to drive safely.
- Even small, seemingly insignificant pits or cracks distract your eyes from the road.
- Windshield cracks reflect glare from the sun, streetlights and the headlights of other vehicles.
- Your windshield provides approximately half of your car’s structural strength. Dings and pits often spread into cracks, especially when the vehicle is moving. A defective windshield cannot supply you or your passengers with an acceptable level of safety.
- In head-on collisions, windshields provide nearly half of the structural integrity for the interior of your vehicle.
- If your vehicle is involved in a rollover accident, the windshield supports the cabin.
- Your windshield is also responsible for providing the support needed for airbags to deploy correctly.
The automotive glass experts at Glass Doctor of Lehigh Valley always address the following factors when deciding if the best option for your windshield is repair or replacement:
With few exceptions, chips or dings no larger than 3/8 inch and cracks less than three inches in length are generally deemed candidates for our in-house or mobile windshield repair services.
Cracks near any edge of the windshield or those already splintered typically require replacement due to their tendency to spread. Chips or cracks in the driver’s field of vision also need replacement as a safety measure. Even the best repairs don’t always cure clearly, leaving a slight imperfection in the windshield glass.
The longer small chips and cracks are ignored, the more unintentional damage you’re doing to your windshield. The elements, road debris and even the daily stress of driving cause further, serious damage to an easily repaired crack or chip.
If you live in the Bethlehem area and your truck or car has any windshield damage, our specialists will be happy to examine it. The majority of repairs take under an hour and most types of car insurance cover the cost.
Because vehicle manufacturers design windshields with safety in mind, proper installation is vital in maintaining safety levels and the structural integrity of your vehicle. When your windshield needs replacement, our specialists meet or exceed strict replacement procedures recommended by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC).
After your windshield is carefully removed, avoiding damage to the interior and exterior paint and trim is vital. AGSC-approved adhesive is applied to the frame. A new windshield, matching the original equipment manufacturer (OEM), is expertly installed. While the process usually takes under an hour, it will take about 60 minutes to allow the adhesives to set and bond.
A glass specialist will review our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee with you, which guarantees free repair or replacement if damage occurs within 12 months of the windshield replacement.
Ask our team to repair divots in your windshield or install a perfect windshield match today!