Now that summer is here and school is out, you can look forward to having your kids around the house much more. As great as it is to not have to pack lunches and get everybody out the door in time for the bus every morning, a full house means it's also a good idea to consider safety issues related to your glass furniture.
At Glass Doctor® of Kitchener-Waterloo, we offer glass treatment to protect your glass decor, and more importantly, protect everyone in your household from accidental breakage.
Tempered Glass Puts Safety First
Commonly used in car windows and patio furniture, tempered glass also provides an extra element of safety inside the home. According to the Harvard Gazette, furniture made with tempered safety glass could potentially prevent as many as 20,000 injuries in the home every year.
Unlike traditional glass, tempered glass is scientifically designed to break into small, safe chunks on impact. This protects everyone in your household from sharp shards of broken glass, and makes cleanup safe and easy if an accident occurs. Tempered glass is perfect for:
- Glass coffee tables
- Dining tables and work desks
- Custom shelving and display cases
- Patio furniture and poolside pieces
- Sliding glass doors
- Shower doors and tub enclosures
When you talk to our team of glass specialists about custom decor, be sure to ask about tempered glass. Our experts will create a custom glass piece that not only perfectly matches the style and ambiance of your home, but improves the safety of your living space as well.
Protective Glass Treatment
Custom glass decor can really bring out the beauty of your home, and our team offers a number of solutions to help you protect your investment. Now that the kids are home for the summer, you can probably count on the occasional spill! Options to protect your furniture include:
- Clear Choice™ protectant: A single application of Clear Choice will make your household glass more resistant to scratches, stains, weathering, hard water, mineral deposits and more. The result is a longer lifespan for your glass furniture and decor, along with easier and less frequent cleanings. Clear Choice also works great on household surfaces like tile, porcelain, granite, marble and stainless steel.
- Tinted glass: The summer sun can be hard on your home. Harmful ultraviolet radiation breaks down surfaces, causing furniture to fade and age prematurely. Custom glass tabletops made of tinted glass protect surfaces from UV rays. Talk to our specialists about tinted glass tabletops for new or antique furniture.
To learn more about tempered safety glass, protective glass treatment and other ways to protect your custom glass decor, contact Glass Doctor of Kitchener-Waterloo today.