Windshield Repair and Replacement
Windshield chips and cracks are more than cosmetic blemishes. In a collision, an impacted windshield is a potentially fatal hazard. Glass Doctor® of St Croix Valley urges you to seek windshield repair or replacement services as soon as you notice damage to your auto glass.
Windshield Repair and Replacement in Hudson
To determine if a windshield needs a repair or replacement, the specialists at Glass Doctor of St Croix Valley consider the following:
- Impact location: Chips in your line of sight or cracks near the glass’ edge require a replacement.
- Impact size: Glass specialists repair windshields when chips are smaller than 3/8-inch or cracks are 3 inches or shorter.
- Impact age: The sooner you seek our services, the better. When impacts accumulate dirt and debris, they’re more difficult to repair successfully.
Before calling Glass Doctor of St Croix Valley to schedule a repair, talk to your auto insurance provider to learn if your policy covers the cost of windshield repairs. If it does, we are happy to file the insurance paperwork for you.
Windshield Repair Steps
A glass specialist:
- Cleans the impact and surrounding area.
- Drills a passageway for the repair resin to enter, if necessary.
- Injects resin into the damaged area and allows it to cure to restore the strength of the auto glass.
- Polishes the resin to leave a clear finish.
Windshield Repair Benefits
Whenever it’s safe and effective, Glass Doctor of St Croix Valley prefers windshield repairs over replacements because they’re a cost-effective alternative that prevents glass impacts from becoming safety hazards.
Additional repair benefits include:
- Convenience: We work around your schedule. In general, repairs take less than 60 minutes to complete. If your insurance policy covers the repair, our specialists will handle the windshield claim on your behalf.
- Insurance coverage: Your auto policy may cover the cost of a windshield repair and waive the deductible.
- Cost savings: Windshield repairs are more affordable than replacements.
- Safety: Repairs restore a vehicle’s structural integrity and keep occupants safer during a collision.
- Earth-friendliness: Windshield glass is difficult to recycle. Windshield repairs keeps auto glass out of landfills, reduce waste, have a smaller carbon footprint, and reduce the demand for natural resources.
Windshield Replacement in Hudson
A windshield accounts for up to 60% of a vehicle’s structural integrity in a rollover accident, according to the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC). For this reason, Glass Doctor of St Croix Valley insists that you promptly replace or repair a damaged windshield, regardless of a crack or chip’s size.
During a windshield replacement, a glass specialist performs the following:
- Remove the windshield, using techniques that will not damage the bonding surface.
- Select a windshield that matches the vehicle’s original equipment manufacturer quality.
- Select and use an adhesive that the Auto Glass Safety Council, or AGSC, approves.
- Install the new windshield, following AGSC standards.
- Allow the adhesive to cure for 60 minutes to ensure a proper seal.
Glass Doctor of St Croix Valley backs its windshield replacements with the G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. With this guarantee, if the windshield receives damage within the next 12 months, we will take care of it free of charge. Exclusions apply.
Contact Glass Doctor of St Croix Valley for a windshield repair or replacement, or to learn more about our services.