Windshield Repair and Replacement
While some people may dismiss a windshield chip without giving it a second thought this is a big mistake. Windshields account for the majority of a vehicle's structural integrity in the event of an accident. Not tending to needed windshield chip repair can endanger you and your passengers. The glass specialists from Glass Doctor® of Henderson will evaluate whether windshield replacement or windshield chip repair is the most appropriate option.
Determining Replacement or Repair
Our glass specialists use the highest of industry standards when completing windshield replacement or windshield chip repair services. While our glass experts are able to repair most chipped windshields, if a crack is more than three inches long, windshield replacement is needed. When determining whether replacement or repair is the best option, our specialists consider the following factors:
- Size of the damage: Generally, a chip that is larger than 3/8 inch in size requires windshield replacement.
- Location of the damage: Our glass specialists consider the location of the damage. If a crack splinters to the windshield's edge the pane will need to be replaced. Also, if a chip is in the driver's direct line of vision, replacement can be safer than risking distorting the driver's visual field.
- Duration: It is best to have windshield chip repair work completed as soon as possible. Otherwise, dirt, grime and other debris can get into the crevices and make the chip difficult to repair.
Benefits of Windshield Chip Repair
Our glass specialists know windshield chip repair is a much more economical solution than a replacement job and will recommend this option whenever possible. Windshield chip repair helps prevent chips and cracks from spreading. It also provides the following benefits:
- Convenience: Our highly skilled glass specialists often complete a repair job within one hour, so your day isn't taken up on waiting for repairs.
- Insurance advantages: Many insurance companies waive a deductible so their clients can get their windshields repaired. We have experience working with popular and local insurance companies in the area and will complete the paperwork for you. Check with your insurance provider to verify coverage before scheduling a repair.
- Environmental benefit: Like other forms of debris, broken windshields wind up in landfills. A chip keeps an otherwise solid windshield from harming the environment.
Benefits of Windshield Replacement
The Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC) reports a windshield is responsible for 60% of the structural integrity in the event of a rollover accident. While this figure can vary based on the vehicle's make and model, this statistic underscores the importance of an intact windshield. If our specialist determines replacement service is the safest course of action, we will follow the AGSC guidelines to ensure a perfect service.
- Specialists carefully remove the windshield to guard against potential body damage, including leaks and corrosion.
- Glass experts match the windshield type with one of the same quality as the original equipment manufacturer.
- AGSC approved adhesive is applied to the vehicle during the replacement process.
- The recommended wait time is observed to ensure proper bonding of the adhesive.
While you wait for the adhesive to cure, our glass experts review our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. If your new windshield sustains normal damage within one year from the date of replacement, you will receive a new windshield free of charge. This guarantee includes an unlimited number of chip repairs during the coverage period.
If you need to know whether you should repair or replace your windshield, contact one of our trained glass specialists at Glass Doctor of Henderson to schedule a free consultation.