Windshield Repair and Replacement
Flying debris, gravel roads or a misaimed baseball can make you see dollar signs through the crack in your vehicle’s windshield. Glass Doctor® of Farmingdale will walk you through a clear path to windshield chip repair or replacement. Our experts will help you assess the best option to maintain the structural integrity of your vehicle and your wallet.
Windshield Service Criteria
A few of the factors we look at to determine the best way to bring back your clear view are:
- Size: Smaller is better. If the damage to your windshield is a chip less than 3/8 inch or a crack under three inches, most of the time we’ll be able to perform windshield chip repair to fix the problem and get you back on the road. If the damage is larger, replacement service will be unavoidable.
- Location: A crack in the middle of the passenger side of the windshield has a different impact on the glass than a crack at the edge or in the center of the driver’s side. If the crack or chip is at the edge of the windshield, it can compromise the safety of the vehicle, and while the repair process leaves the glass clear, sometimes there is a slight outline that can distract drivers. The site of the damage shouldn't impair the visibility of the driver.
- Timespan: A windshield chip repair is more likely if a repair is made soon after damage occurs. Dirt gets into cracks and chips, which makes effective repair more difficult, often requiring replacement. If you have a chip or crack, don’t wait.
Whenever possible, Glass Doctor of Farmingdale recommends repair over replacement to stop chips and cracks from causing further damage.
- Convenience:Our experts can usually have repairs done in an hour or less.
- Inexpensive: Windshield chip repair takes less time and material than replacement, saving you money.
- Insurance Advantage: Many insurance companies will waive the deductible for repair because it saves money overall in restoring your vehicle. We recommend you check with your insurance carrier to clarify your policy coverage.
- Environmental Responsibility: Glass isn’t biodegradable. Repair keeps the glass in your car where it belongs instead of in a landfill.
If the damage is too extensive for windshield chip repair, it is essential you get the windshield replaced quickly. The windshield is an integral part of the safety structure of your vehicle in case of a rollover accident. Glass Doctor of Farmingdale has experts who will take all the necessary steps to get you safely on the road again.
Our Windshield Repair Process
- Careful removal of the windshield assures no damage to the paint job or bonding surfaces.
- We match the new windshield glass to the original equipment manufacturer’s (OEM) specification to ensure a proper fit.
- Adhesives are as important as the glass itself. We only use adhesives approved by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC).
- We satisfy the AGSC guidelines for every windshield replacement, including waiting an hour for the adhesives to cure before releasing the vehicle.
The final step of our windshield replacement is to discuss the free guarantee with you. If you suffer damage within 12 months, we’ll either repair chips and cracks free of charge, or replace the glass if repair isn’t a safe option.
Don’t let glass accidents crack your view. Contact Glass Doctor of Farmingdale today to get a clear picture of the road ahead.