Choose a Trusted House Window Replacement Company Near Me
If you need to replace your house windows, you’ll want to leave it to the experts. At Glass Doctor®, we have over 40 years of experience repairing and replacing windows. If you’re looking for a local window company near you, look no further—we can come right to your front door. Call us today at 855-603-1919 to schedule a free in-home consultation.
When you’re ready to replace the windows on your home, consider what type of windows you want, how much the project is going to cost, and how to find the best house window replacement companies. Read on to learn all you’ll need to know when starting a new home improvement project.
Guide to Replacing Your Windows
Follow this guide to determine what factors you should consider when replacing your windows, and why Glass Doctor should be at the top of your list of house window replacement companies.
What Type of Window Is Right for Me?
The type of window you choose will depend on the look and functionality you want. For example, you might choose wood-framed windows for a more natural look, or vinyl windows for a more energy-efficient option. At Glass Doctor, we will remove your existing frame and provide you with a custom-cut glass solution to fit your desired style. We also offer the opportunity for your windows to be made with ENERGY STAR panes for increased energy efficiency.
Here are some common window types to consider:
- Vinyl-framed—This is a lower-cost option that doesn’t require painting or staining. The vinyl window option is a commonly used home design.
- Wood-framed—Typically the most expensive option, wood-framed windows are a popular option because of their design and finish.
- Fiberglass—This window is extremely durable and safe, and has the option to be painted.
- Double-hung—These windows have a lower interior sash that slides up and an upper exterior sash that slides down, making them extremely easy to clean.
- Single-hung—Similar to double-hung windows, single-hung windows only have a bottom sash that moves.
- Casement-style—This window hinges on one side and opens with a crank, allowing you to open them outward. They provide great ventilation and are easy to clean and maintain.
- Awning-style—Similar to casements, they are hinged at the top and open outward.
- Hopper-style—These windows are hinged at the bottom and can open both inward and outward. Hopper windows are perfect for basements or small bathrooms.
- Fixed windows—Typically used for decorative purposes, fixed windows are placed in rooms where lighting is more important than ventilation.
Why Should I Replace My Windows?
One of the biggest reasons homeowners choose to get a window replacement is energy efficiency. Adding energy-efficient windows can improve air quality, reduce air leakage and save on energy costs. Many windows also need to be replaced simply because they wear down over time.
Check out some other reasons why it’s a good idea to replace your house windows:
How Much Does It Cost to Replace Windows?
While window replacement will vary based on the type of window you want, how many windows you install, and the energy efficiency of your unit, the average cost to replace windows is around $4,500. However, Glass Doctor makes window replacement more affordable than you may think.
Choosing a House Window Replacement Company
Choosing the right window replacement company is just as important as choosing the right windows. There are inevitably going to be a number of house window replacement companies to choose from, but not every company is as time-trusted as Glass Doctor.
Why Glass Doctor?
Even high-quality windows won’t look and perform their best if they are not installed properly. Look for a company, like Glass Doctor, that you can trust to securely and safely install everything from single pane to double hung windows. The experts at Glass Doctor are National Glass Association (NGA) certified and qualified to cut and handle all sizes and types of glass. Our specialists are trained to work with all types of doors and windows, and will walk you through any part of the home improvement process.
With Glass Doctor, homeowners can choose from a variety of insulated glass units (IGUs), also known as double pane windows, and low-emissivity (Low-E) windows.
In addition to over 40 years of experience, we also offer:
- 24/7 emergency repair and replacement services
- Courteous, uniformed professionals who demonstrate excellent customer service
- Upfront, flat-rate quotes within 24 hours of your free, in-home consultation
- No overtime fees or charges on projects
- Flexible appointment scheduling
- Custom windows cut to your exact specifications the first time
Choose Glass Doctor as Your House Window Replacement Company
When looking for house window replacement companies, choose a glass replacement company who can create and install quality, custom windows at an affordable price.
Call us at 855-603-1919 today to schedule a free, in-home consultation.
Consumer Reports: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/home-windows/buying-guide.htm
National Glass Association: https://www.glass.org/
Glass Education Center: http://glassed.vitroglazings.com/glasstopics/how_lowe_works.aspx
U.S. Department of Energy: https://energy.gov/energysaver/energy-efficient-windows