Install Dog Doors for Sliding Glass Doors
If you’re looking to install a dog door for your sliding glass door, contact the experts at Glass Doctor®. Our trusted glass specialists can make sure your new dog door fits and looks perfectly inside your home. We will go over important considerations with you and discuss custom options before installing a pet door in your home.
Schedule an appointment with one of our certified professionals today at 855-603-1919.
What to Consider Before Installing a Dog Door
If you’re looking to tackle this project yourself, there are a few steps you need to take to ensure the job is done correctly. Consider these three important factors before installing a dog door in your sliding glass door:
- Size of your dog—Take precise measurements of your dog, so you know how large to make the pet door. Inaccurate measurements could lead to a door that’s too small for your pet.
- Measurements of the pet door— Have a professional ensure that the size of the pet door panel correlates with how big or little your dog is.
- Location of the door—Dog doors are typically located on the lower, middle part of doors. Discuss where the best location for your dog door is with an expert. You can also talk with one of our specialists to consider where you want to install a new dog door in your home. Many people love to have a patio panel, so their pet can easily join them outside.
What to Expect with Glass Doctor
Dog doors for sliding glass doors are not always easy to install on your own. Glass Doctor will help you choose the perfect pet door to complement your home and ensure the door fits just right. When you call Glass Doctor to make an appointment, here’s what you can expect:
- We will come to your home and discuss door measurements and custom options before beginning the installation.
- Our professionals will then replace one side of your sliding glass door while they install your new pet door. Instead of cutting glass or drilling and making adjustments, the doors are specially ordered and customized solely for your needs.
- After the installation is complete, we will clean up the area and remove any debris from your home.
Our pet doors have a fusion-welded frame and thermal-pane safety glass, helping manage your home’s security by properly opening, sliding and locking. These door features help provide you with peace of mind that your pet is safe throughout the day and night.
The doors are also energy-efficient and built with insulated glass with a three-sided weather strip to help your home keep in cool air during the summer and warm air in the winter.
Why Glass Doctor?
In addition to our ability to create your custom pet door, we also offer:
- Over 40 years of experience repairing and replacing custom glass and mirror products
- Emergency services for home, commercial and auto glass repair, 24/7
- Courteous, uniformed professionals
- With features like weather stripping, dual pane low E glass and aluminum framing, you’ll be sure to get the right fit for your home.
- Priority scheduling with the Glass Doctor Advantage Plan®
Install Dog Doors for Sliding Glass Doors Today
The certified professionals at Glass Doctor are experienced in installing pet doors for any type of door, including sliding glass doors.
Call us today at 855-603-1919 and have one of our experts install a dog door for your sliding glass door.