Double Pane Window Services in Dublin, Ohio
Double pane windows are an excellent investment. They improve your home or business’s energy efficiency and come in attractive, modern styles. Trust Glass Doctor® of Dublin, OH, to install, replace, or repair the double pane windows at your property.
For the best glass services in the neighborhood, call (614) 696-6530 today to speak with an expert!
Why Install and Maintain Double Pane Windows?
Also known as insulated glass units (IGUs), double pane windows are made of two pieces of glass separated by a vacuum-sealed space that’s typically filled with a gas like argon or krypton. That space between the panes absorbs heat, light, and noise.
There are many benefits of that:
- A lower energy bill (up to 50% lower than properties with single pane windows)
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Less noise pollution
- 25% less solar heat and UV damage to fabrics and furniture
Double Pane Window Installation and Replacement
Glass Doctor provides double pane window services for homeowners and business owners who want to:
- Upgrade single pane windows to double pane windows
- Replace aging or broken double pane windows with new ones
- Install double pane windows for a new construction
If you have older double pane windows and are wondering if you should replace them, look for telltale signs that they need to be replaced: milky-looking glass, trapped condensation, and distorted or damaged glass. A Glass Doctor professional would be glad to check out the windows’ condition and recommend your next move.
The Replacement Process
Here’s how we replace a double pane window:
- Remove the old window, including the casing, trim, and sill plate.
- Clean the opening and remove debris to make space for the new window.
- Repair or replace surrounding building material and level or resize the opening.
- Install the window using manufacturer-original hardware and adjust with shims as necessary.
- Insulate around the window with spray-in or traditional insulation.
- Finally, replace siding, trim, and casing where appropriate.
Is Double Pane Window Repair Really Possible?
Double pane windows are difficult to repair. When a single broken glass pane is replaced, the airlock is disturbed and partially reduces insulative properties. However, if you’re in a pinch, you may choose to have your existing double pane window repaired as a temporary fix leading up to a full replacement.
If that’s the route you choose, Glass Doctor will handle it. We’ll measure the glass for a perfect fit, order a matching replacement, and install it with a factory-perfect finish.
Find Services for Double Pane Windows Near Me
Get started with IGU window installation, repairs, or upgrades from your neighborhood glass experts at Glass Doctor of Dublin, OH. Request an appointment online or call (614) 696-6530 to connect with us.
You can expect fast, quality service from the Glass Doctor team when your family needs us most. In the event of a break-in or accident, contact us for 24-hour emergency services.