Adding a custom mirror to living spaces makes the room instantly more comfortable and visually appealing. Designing a one of a kind mirror that fits the existing decor is sure to impress family and friends for years to come. Glass Doctor® of Central Houston has extensive experience creating custom glass solutions tailored to customers' unique tastes and preferences. When you're in the market for a custom mirror or other glass decor, our service professionals will cut and install a piece that meets your criteria.
Create Depth and the Illusion of Space
One or two strategically placed mirrors make a small room appear much more open and inviting. Use a tiled or framed mirror to reflect the walls, ceiling, and natural light while highlighting the architecture and other key features of your home. During your in-home consultation, a Glass Doctor of Central Houston professional can help determine the best locations for your new mirrors. While our team can make any mirror, we have a few customer favorites which work well in almost any home:
- Statement mirrors: Display your mirror above a headboard or fireplace to make a strong visual statement.
- Mirrored wall: A mirrored wall makes a narrow hallway appear much longer.
- Mirrored backsplash: Create depth in your kitchen or bathroom by installing a mirrored backsplash.
Accentuate Your Home Decor and Art
A custom mirror will showcase your existing prized art and glass decor. Select edges, tints, frames, and finishes to coordinate with your current home scheme. Our decorative mirror selection will add the right touch to your collect:
- Hanging mirrors: A well placed mirror directs natural window light to fill in a space displaying select art pieces.
- Framed mirrors: While a framed mirror is an ideal addition to virtually any home space, it's especially appropriate for creating visual interest among framed art or photos.
- Mirrored shelves: Create a panoramic, 360-degree view of favorite art pieces, sculptures, collectibles or antiques with mirrored shelves.
Enhance Your Home's Natural Light
A hanging mirror or mirrored tabletop extends the reach of natural and artificial light in a home. Think about using one or both of the following mirrors to reflect light, illuminating otherwise dark spaces.
- Bedroom mirrors: A bedroom mirror is more than a purely functional piece, it reflects natural window light and artificial lamp light.
- Mounted mirrors: Multiply the light from a desk lamp or mounted lantern to warm up a dim living area.
Mirrors Made to Impress
A home isn't complete without a full-length mirror. You should be able to review your entire outfit before heading out for an important meeting or a big night on the town with friends. Entryways, closets, and bedrooms are ideal spots in a home for a full-length mirror. A Glass Doctor of Central Houston decor expert will work with you to design a polished, framed full-length mirror to highlight your existing decor. Consider adding these pieces to make bold design choices or for more function in the space:
- Framed mirror: A distinctive frame adds a chic touch to any entryway or bedroom.
- Floor-to-ceiling mirror: A floor-to-ceiling mirror is ideal for assessing clothing and accessory choices before leaving the house.
To learn more about how a custom mirror will create a beautiful and inviting home environment, contact Glass Doctor of Central Houston at (832) 680-4141 or schedule an appointment. Our service professionals are prepared to perform consultations, take accurate measurements and provide helpful advice during every step of the process.