Keep Cool with Glass Doctor’s Summer Survival Wish List
Summertime is a time for creating sweet memories with family and friends. Scorching temperatures and high air conditioning bills, however, are not so sweet. With the first official day of summer well on its way, it’s crucial to have your summer “toolbox” stocked with essentials that will help you stay cool and save money.
Beat the heat and take a load off your wallet this summer with this essentials guide from Glass Doctor:
- Mason jars – Mason jars are a summertime staple. Stay hydrated as you’re lounging poolside by filling them up with a nice cold glass of water or sweet tea. You can also use them to hold silverware for that backyard barbecue, for planting herbs, or as a beautiful nighttime lantern!
- Screen doors – Screen doors are a great way to enjoy the summer warmth without leaving your door wide open for pesky bugs to come inside. This addition to your front entrance will also reduce air leaks and increase your energy efficiency.
- Sliding glass doors – Sliding glass doors allow for your outdoor oasis to be a true extension of your home. They also maximize natural light in your indoor spaces and serve as insulators to keep your home cool!
- Watering globes – While you’re staying cool this summer, it’s important to keep your plants cool and hydrated, too! Glass watering globes are both beautiful and functional. They keep your houseplants watered for weeks at a time, so you can fill and forget.
- Custom glass for patio furniture – This summer, consider updating your patio furniture with a durable replacement glass top. Tempered glass, for example, breaks in round pieces instead of jagged, protecting your kids and pets in case of breakage. It also helps your furniture resist damage from heat, weather and collisions.
- Double pane windows – This “essential” may have a high cost up front, but has impressive payoff in the long run. Insulated glass units (IGUs), or double pane windows, consist of two panes, creating an air pocket that serves to diffuse heat transfer and better insulate your home. These windows also reduce noise pollution, which is especially valuable in urban areas. Double pane windows work with your air conditioning, not against it, to ensure you’re getting your money’s worth!
Incorporating even just one of these essentials will help you stay cool and save money this summer. Ready to implement a glass solution? Glass Doctor can help! Contact your local technician today.
To help meet all of your home service needs, check out Neighborly.