Windshield Repair and Replacement
When your windshield is damaged, seek prompt windshield repair services as soon as possible, regardless of the impact’s size. Glass Doctor® of Beltsville offers convenient auto glass repair and replacement services that work around your schedule.
Do You Need Windshield Repair or Replacement?
The need for replacement or repair is one of the top questions that the glass specialists at Glass Doctor of Beltsville receive. We use the following factors to decide the best and safest option for you:
- Glass type: Because it’ designed to crumble, repairs on tempered glass are ineffective. The safest solution for tempered glass is replacement.
- Impact size: In general, we repair cracks that are shorter than three inches and chips that are smaller than 3/8 inch.
- Age of impact: Newer chips and cracks are simpler to repair than older ones. As the imperfections age, dirt and other particles build up in them, making it more difficult to complete a successful repair.
- Impact location: For safety reasons, we replace windshields when chips or cracks are in the driver’s line of site. We also do replacements when cracks are around the edge of the glass.
Bowie Windshield Repair Services
Cracks and chips in a windshield may threaten the architectural strength of the vehicle and safety of passengers when there’s a collision or rollover accident. Instead of supporting your car, the damaged glass may become a perilous projectile.
At Glass Doctor of Beltsville, we use Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS®) to repair windshields and restore a vehicle’s architectural strength. We recommend repairs to replacements when it’s a safe solution because:
- It’s cheaper: Repairs are less expensive than replacements.
- It takes less time: Glass specialists usually finish repairs within an hour.
- It’s better for the environment: Windshield glass is difficult to recycle and usually ends up in landfills. Repairs help reduce landfill waste and the demand for raw resources.
- Your auto insurance may cover the cost: Many auto policies cover the cost of windshield repairs and waive deductibles. Glass Doctor of Beltsville will happily handle the windshield claim for you.
Windshield Repair Steps
Our Bowie auto glass specialist will do the following:
- Clean the impacted area
- Inject a special resin into the damaged area with a special tool
- Allow the resin to cure
- Polish the resin for a clear finish
Bowie Windshield Replacement Services
Windshield repairs and replacements are vital to the safety of those in a vehicle. The Auto Glass Safety Council (AGSC) states that a windshield accounts for up to 60% of a vehicle’s structural integrity in a rollover accident, so it’s best to have it be a strong as possible.
When Glass Doctor of Beltsville replaces your windshield, a glass specialist performs the following:
- Remove the damaged windshield, taking care not to damage the bonding surface or the vehicle’s paint
- Select a windshield that matches the original equipment manufacturer’s quality
- Install the new windshield using an Auto Glass Safety Council-approved adhesive
- Allow the adhesive to cure
Whenever Glass Doctor of Beltsville replaces a windshield, we back our work with the G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. If your windshield is damaged within 12 months of the installation date because of normal road hazards, we’ll repair or replace the glass for free. Limits and exclusions apply.
As soon as you notice a crack or chip in your windshield, call Glass Doctor of Beltsville as soon as possible. Schedule an appointment online today!