Windshield Repair and Replacement
When your vehicle suffers from windshield damage, you need to consider your options. Glass Doctor® of Baton Rouge, your auto glass expert in East Baton Rouge Parish, offers high-quality windshield repair and replacement services to every customer.
While it is possible to repair most damages to your auto glass, our team of specialists will examine your vehicle and take the following three factors under consideration:
- Size: When your windshield has chips larger than 3/8 inch or cracks longer than three inches, you will, under most circumstances, require a replacement.
- Location: When cracks have splintered to the edges of the glass, it is strongly recommended to replace the windshield. Windshield repair of chips or cracks in the drivers’ direct line of sight should also be avoided, as every repair will leave a slight outline.
- Timespan: The longer you wait, the more difficult it will be to perform a successful windshield repair. While you are driving your vehicle, dirt and grime will build up, ultimately making a repair impossible.
We work with all the major insurance providers and will handle the filing on the insurance claim for you. Before we start the process, it is recommended that you first contact your local insurance agent to verify your coverage.
At Glass Doctor of Baton Rouge, we recommend repair over replacement, whenever possible. In the process of repairing the windshield, our specialists will begin by cleaning the damaged area. The repair resin is injected into the area using a special tool attached to the surface of the windshield. After the resin has cured, it will be polished to a clear finish.
The benefits of repair:
- Convenience: Our auto glass experts are able to perform a typical windshield repair within an hour.
- Inexpensive: Windshield repair is both affordable and efficient.
- Insurance Advantages: The benefits of a repair extend to your insurance provider. In many situations, your provider will waive your deductible and cover the whole cost of the repair.
- Environmentally Responsible: By repairing your windshield, you are making the ecologically important decision to keep it out of a landfill for as long as possible.
When your windshield is broken beyond repair, don’t hesitate to have it replaced. We observe the strict guidelines established by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC). According to the AGSC, your windshield is responsible for between 45 and 60% of the structural integrity of your vehicle in case of an accident. Although the exact percentage depends on various factors, it is clear that your windshield is crucial for your safety.
When performing a replacement, our team of glass specialists will go through the following procedures recommended by the AGSC:
- While the windshield is removed, we ensure that the paint and bonding surfaces are undamaged, as leaks could cause corrosion.
- We will match the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS).
- We guarantee that we only use adhesives and materials approved by the AGSC.
- For your safety, we recommend that the adhesive cure for at least one hour.
- With our Windshield Protection Plan you are covered for 12 months. You will receive windshield repair or replacement if the windshield is broken beyond repair, free-of-charge.
Don’t let a crack in your windshield threaten your safety. Contact Glass Doctor of Baton Rouge today and allow our knowledgeable and courteous auto glass experts to service your vehicle.