Windshield Repair and Replacement
If your vehicle has suffered windshield damage, you have three options: ignore it, replace it or repair it. Fortunately, the specialists at Glass Doctor® of Arlington Heights are trained to help you make the safest and most economical decision. While a cracked or chipped windshield may seem minor, it actually jeopardizes the safety of your vehicle. According to the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), your windshield is responsible for up to 60% of vehicle's structural integrity in the event of a rollover. As a result, it's imperative to contact Glass Doctor as soon as possible to have your windshield repaired or replaced.
The specialists at Glass Doctor of Arlington Heights evaluate the following factors to determine whether to repair or replace your windshield.
- Size: Typically, cracks over three inches in length and chips exceeding 3/8 an inch require replacement.
- Location: A crack near the edge of your windshield commonly requires replacement because it will spread. Chips located directly in your line of sight may also need to be replaced because they typically cure slightly blurred and will hamper your vision.
- Timespan: Most cracks and chips start off small. However, the longer the crack or chip goes unattended, the more likely dirt will build up and reduce the chances of it being able to be repaired.
If you have a chipped or cracked windshield, Glass Doctor of Arlington Heights makes it simple to have it repaired or replaced. We work with all of the major insurance carriers and actually handle the filing for you. Instead of letting that small crack or chip grow into a serious hazard, contact Glass Doctor today.
In comparison with windshield replacement, repair is the more cost effective alternative and will prevent the damage from spreading and compromising the safety of your vehicle. Contact Glass Doctor of Arlington Heights as soon as you notice a crack or chip for the following benefits.
- Convenience: Getting your windshield repaired is quick and commonly takes less than an hour.
- Inexpensive: Having a chip or crack repaired is much more economical compared with replacing the entire windshield.
- Insurance Advantages: Since windshield repair is cheaper for insurance companies, several providers waive deductibles and simply pay for the procedure.
- Safety: Windshield repair allows you to keep your original factory equipment in tact.
- Greener Choice : Because windshield glass is difficult to recycle, a repair prevents your old glass from being stashed in a landfill.
Glass Doctor specialists use a simple but effective process to clear debris from the damaged area, which typically includes drilling to create a new passageway for the repair resin. Then, a special resin is injected in the damaged area and cured to restore the strength of the windshield. We polish the area to a clear finish.
If windshield replacement is your only alternative, we use Auto Glass Safety Council guidelines to replace your windshield. While we install your new windshield, a specialist will review our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. This guarantee covers your new windshield for 12-months against chips, breaks and cracks. If your glass becomes damaged within this time, we will fix it because we stand behind our work. Call us today!