Windshield Repair and Replacement
Damage to your windshield can start small, but as time passes, it can grow into a big problem, resulting in the compromised safety of you and your passengers. So when your windshield is damaged due to accidents, debris or storms don’t wait to get it fixed The specialists at Glass Doctor® of Altus, OK are experts in their field and can inspect your vehicle and determine which remedy will provide the safest and most effective option for you.
Repair or Replace? Factors to Consider:
The specialists at Glass Doctor of Altus, OK are reliable and will provide you and your vehicle with the special attention you deserve. Our team of specialists will consider the following three factors:
- Size: If the chip is larger than the size of a quarter or if a crack is longer than three inches, windshield replacement is usually required.
- Time Passed: As time passes, cracks and chips will spread and become harder to repair.
- Location: If the damage has been spreading over time or impedes your ability to see the roadway, windshield replacement is usually recommended.
Our specialists will recommend repair over replacement, if applicable. Windshield repair stops small chips and cracks from spreading swiftly and provides several benefits over replacement.
First, this option is much more convenient because the time to make the repair is around an hour, getting you back on the road quickly.
Additionally, the cost to you may be much less than the cost of windshield replacement. In many situations, your provider will waive your deductible and cover the cost of the repair. However, our experts recommend you first contact your insurance carrier to ensure you have the coverage necessary for the windshield chip repair or windshield replacement.
Finally, windshield chip repair also prevents your windshield from being disposed of in a landfill. The repair stops chips and cracks from spreading and causing further damage to your windshield.
The process of repairing chips begins with our specialists removing any debris or particles located in the chipped or damaged location. Then a resin is injected into the chip or crack and left to dry. The resin attaches to the glass surface and is polished clean by our specialists for a finished look.
According to the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC), your windshield is responsible for between 45 and 60% of your car's structural integrity. When you require windshield repair, our specialists will take the care necessary to safely replace your windshield following AGSC certified steps:
- They remove the old windshield in a precise manner to avoid causing any damage to the other vehicle surfaces.
- A windshield matching the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS) is selected.
- Our specialists use adhesives and principles approved by AGSC, and a drying time of an hour is needed to allow the windshield to completely bond with the surrounding structure.
- Our specialists make any repairs if you sustain any chips or cracks to your new windshield within 12 months as part of our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee.
Let the specialists at Glass Doctor of Altus, OK use their expertise to repair or replace your windshield. (580) 634-2609 Call today to have our specialists inspect your vehicle!