Windshield Repair and Replacement
If your windshield has a crack or chip, it's tempting to ignore the damage, especially if it looks relatively small. Or perhaps you've meant to get it fixed but have procrastinated. Glass Doctor® of The Victor Valley makes it easy to have your windshield repaired or replaced. Delaying could make the problem worse. Dirt and other debris will embed into the damage, making it harder to repair. Your car is also exposed to temperature changes that cause your windshield to expand and contract. This increases the likelihood that a relatively small crack or chip will spread, possibly into your field of vision.
If your vision is obstructed while you drive, it creates a significant safety hazard. Even if your vision isn't obscured, a damaged windshield is a definite safety issue. An intact, undamaged windshield provides substantial strength to the vehicle’s cabin if you’re in a front-end collision or if your vehicle rolls over. The windshield also allows passenger side airbags to correctly deploy.
Glass Doctor of The Victor Valley will restore your windshield so it’s damage-free and safe. We serve the Apple Valley, Hesperia, Victorville, Barstow and Inland Empire areas, so wherever you are in the Victor Valley area, our glass repair specialists are available.
Our team will:
- Inspect the damage to determine if a windshield repair or replacement is the best option.
- Recommend a repair whenever possible.
- Work with your insurance company and handle all the necessary forms so you’ll get the coverage you’re entitled to receive.
Chips are generally easier to repair than cracks, unless the damage is in the driver’s field of vision. Windshield repair is more likely if the damage is recent and doesn't have dirt embedded in the chips. Repairs are less expensive than replacements, and many insurance companies will waive the deductible. This also keeps the factory-installed equipment intact on your car.
If a windshield repair is an option, your Glass Doctor of The Victor Valley specialist will typically be able to fix the damage in about an hour. We’ll do the following:
- Remove debris from the damaged area to create a clean surface for the repair resin.
- Inject a special resin into the damage.
- Cure the resin so your windshield’s strength is restored.
- Polish the windshield to a clear finish.
If your windshield needs replacement, we’ll do the job right and back our work with our G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. If your windshield is damaged within 12 months, Glass Doctor of The Victor Valley will repair chips and replace the glass once if it’s cracked or broken within the time frame.
Our specialists follow procedures recommended by the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC):
- Carefully remove the windshield.
- Choose a windshield that matches the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality.
- Use AGSC-approved adhesives to cement your new windshield.
- Observe a one-hour drive-away time for your safety. This gives the adhesive time to cure and form a proper seal.
Schedule an appointment today to have a Glass Doctor of The Victor Valley specialist repair or replace your windshield so you'll be back on the road quickly and safely!