Windshield Repair and Replacement
Drivers in Springfield can count on Glass Doctor® of Northwest Arkansas in Springdale to deliver quality auto glass care. If you recently experienced windshield damage, you're most likely wondering whether you're facing a small repair job or a full replacement. There are a few key factors Glass Doctor of Northwest Arkansas takes into consideration when evaluating the condition of a damaged windshield.
- Size: With a few exceptions, chips bigger than 3/8 of an inch and cracks exceeding three inches long necessitate a full windshield replacement.
- Location: If the crack has spread to the edge of the windshield, you'll most likely be facing a complete replacement to eliminate the risk of the crack spreading further. If the crack or chip is right in your line of vision, we will recommend a replacement. Typically a repair doesn't cure clearly. The faint outline that is left in the repair area can be distracting.
- Age: The longer you drive with a damaged windshield, the more dirt and debris build in the glass, making it harder to complete a successful repair job. In most instances, if you've left the chip or crack festering for months on end, you'll have to get the windshield replaced.
Windshield Repair in Springdale
Whenever possible, a Glass Doctor of Northwest Arkansas specialist will suggest a windshield repair over a replacement for the following reasons:
- Shorter time frame: Typically our professional glass team completes windshield repair work in less than an hour.
- Less expense: Because a new windshield and materials for installation do not need to be purchased, a repair is less expensive than total replacement.
- Insurance Advantages: Many insurance companies cover the cost of repair jobs. Our specialists will file your paperwork to ensure you receive your full benefits.
- Environmentally Sound: The nature of a windshield does not allow for it to be easily recycled. If replaced, the damaged windshield goes to a landfill.
A Glass Doctor of Northwest Arkansas specialist begins every repair service by cleaning the debris in the damaged area. In some instances, the specialist will use a drill to clear the passage for the repair resin. The resin is injected into the damaged region and is allowed to fully cure.
Windshield Replacement in Springdale
Glass Doctor of Northwest Arkansas will recommend an immediate windshield replacement for a crack longer than three inches. Replacing the windshield guarantees that the vehicle's structural support remains in tact and that the driver and passengers are as safe as possible. We take the following steps to ensure that your windshield gets replaced properly.
- Our specialists take care to remove the windshield in such a way that they don't damage the paint or the bonding surface, both of which can lead to corrosion and leaks.
- We select a windshield matching the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality and attach it using adhesives that meet the approval of the Auto Glass Safety Council™ (AGSC).
- The Glass Doctor of Northwest Arkansas team follows the AGSC guidelines to replace the windshield. We give the new windshield a minimum of one hour of drying and curing time before the owner is allowed to drive the vehicle again.
All Glass Doctor of Northwest Arkansas windshield replacements come with the G12® Road Hazard Guarantee. This guarantees states that if the new windshield undergoes any damage within a year, we will provide complementary repairs or if necessary, purchase new glass for a full replacement.
Glass Doctor of Northwest Arkansas has close relationships with all major insurance offices in Springdale. Before you take your vehicle in to have your windshield assessed, talk to your local agent to confirm your coverage. From there, our team will be able to handle the insurance filing.
Don't put off a windshield repair or replacement. Our auto glass specialists have the experience and skill sets required to determine the extent of the damage and to complete the repair or replacement job in full and in a timely fashion.
Call our Springdale location today at 479-306-6491. We'll set up an appointment at your earliest convenience.