Single Pane Window | Professional Repair
If you find yourself in need of a single-pane window repair, your local Glass Doctor® specialists offer affordable custom single-pane glass repairs and replacements. While there are many DIY tutorials and instructions available online, why risk damaging your window frame or potentially harming yourself?
Call us at (855) 603-1919 to schedule an appointment for a window repair today.
How to Repair Your Single-Pane Windows
The following steps are to be taken if you decide to repair a single pane window yourself:
- To avoid being cut by broken pieces, put masking tape over remaining shards of glass. Make sure you wear protective gear, like gloves or goggles, before handling broken glass.
- Protect surfaces below the broken window with a sheet to avoid damage caused by falling glass.
- Tap any remaining glass with the butt of a hammer to loosen it.
- Remove the largest remaining pieces by carefully picking them up and placing them in a trash bag.
- Use a hacking knife or old chisel to remove the old putty and stubborn pieces of glass from around the glazing rabbet.
- Dust off surfaces. Use an exterior wood primer on any bare wood before installing a new pane of glass
Even with the proper protective eyewear and gloves, it can still be dangerous to handle and install glass on your own. One mistake, and you can find yourself with shattered glass all over the floor, causing injury to you or others.
At Glass Doctor, we want to help avoid these risks and more by professionally installing our custom glass into your existing window frame. There's no upcharge for creating custom glass for your home, and we'll make sure your pane is installed and maintained up to industry standards and safety.
Single Pane Window Replacement
In the instance a repair is not possible, a replacement may be necessary. Here are a few reasons to replace your single pane windows:
What to Expect from Glass Doctor
Our glass specialists are trained and certified by the National Glass Association (NGA) to handle, install, and maintain all types of glass. When you schedule an in-home consultation with one of our specialists, we recommend the right type of glass for your home.
Low-Emissivity (Low-E) and Insulated Glass Units are energy-efficient glass that can help insulate your home and filter harmful UV rays from damaging your furniture. During your appointment, our certified professionals are happy to discuss all your options with you.
Call Glass Doctor Today for Single Pane Window Repair
Call us today at (855) 603-1919 to learn more about our window repair and replacement services. Whether you're looking to repair a single-pane glass window or create your own custom glass or mirror solution, Glass Doctor has the solution for you.
DIY Network: http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/maintenance-and-repair/repairing/how-to-fix-common-window-problems