Choose a Trusted Company to Replace Your Home Windows
If you're ready to replace the windows on your home, there are a few things you should consider—what type of windows to buy, how much the project is going to cost, and how to find the best window replacement companies.
With over 270 locations across the U.S., Glass Doctor® has years of experience in repairing and replacing windows. Call us today for quality window replacements.
Guide to Replacing Your Windows
Follow this guide to determine what factors you should consider when replacing your windows.
What Type of Window is Right for Me?
The type of window you choose will depend on the look and functionality you want. For example, you might choose wood-framed windows for a more natural look, or vinyl windows for a more energy-efficient option. Here are some common window types to consider:
- Vinyl-framed—lower-cost option that doesn't require painting
- Wood-framed—typically the most expensive option but also the most attractive
- Fiberglass—extremely durable and safe
- Double-hung—lower interior sash slides up and upper exterior sash slides down
- Single-hung—similar to double-hung, but only the bottom sash moves
- Casement-style—hinged on one side and opens with a crank
- Awning-style—hinged at the top and opens outward
- Hopper-style—hinged at the bottom and can open both inward and outward
- Fixed windows—typically used for decorative purposes
Window Replacement Cost
One of the biggest reasons homeowners choose to replace their windows is energy efficiency. Owners of an average-sized home can expect to spend upwards of $10,000 for a brand new set of windows and regain about 60% of that cost.
Choosing a House Window Replacement Company
Choosing the right window replacement company is just as important as choosing the right windows. Even high-quality windows won't look and perform their best if they are not installed properly. Look for a company that staffs glass experts, like Glass Doctor.
Why Glass Doctor
The experts at Glass Doctor are National Glass Association (NGA) certified and qualified to cut and handle all sizes and types of glass. With Glass Doctor, homeowners can choose from a variety of insulated glass units (IGUs), including double or triple pane windows. We also offer:
- 24/7 emergency repair and replacement services
- Courteous, uniformed professionals
- Free quotes within 24 hours
Call Glass Doctor Today
Call us at 855-603-1919 to schedule a free, in-home consultation. We're the glass company that can replace your home's windows with quality and professionalism.
Consumer Reports: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/home-windows/buying-guide.htm
Angie's List: https://www.angieslist.com/research/replacement-windows/