Glass Doctor installed the most perfect shower enclosure I've ever seen. Ahead of schedule, on budget, exactly what was ordered! This was a GREAT deal. Thank you.
Choosing a Company to Replace Your House's Windows
So you're ready to replace the windows on your home? There are a few things you should consider—what type of windows to buy, how much the project is going to cost and how to find the best window replacement companies.
A Guide to Replacing Your Windows
What Type of Window is Right for Me?
The type of window you choose will depend on the look and functionality you want. For example, you might choose wood-framed windows for a more natural look, or vinyl windows for a more energy effect option. Here are some common window types to consider:
- Vinyl-framed—lower-cost option that are usually white and do not require painting.
- Wood-framed—typically the most expensive option but also the most attractive.
- Fiberglass—new to the market and extremely durable.
- Double-hung—lower inside sash slides up and upper outside sash slides down.
- Single-hung—similar to double-hung, but only the bottom sash moves.
- Casement-style—hinged on one side and open using a crank.
- Awning-style—hinged at the top and open outward.
- Hopper-style—hinged at the bottom and can open both inward and outward.
- Fixed windows—typically used for decorative purposes.
Window Replacement Cost
One of the biggest reasons homeowners choose to replace their windows is energy efficiency. According to Angie's List, owners of an average-sized home can expect to spend upwards of $10,000 for a brand new set of windows and regain about 60% of that cost.
Choosing a House Window Replacement Company
Choosing the right window replacement company is just as important as choosing the right windows. Even high-quality windows won't look and perform their best if they are not installed properly. Look for a company that staffs glass experts, like Glass Doctor®.
Window Replacement from Glass Doctor
The experts at Glass Doctor are National Glass Association (NGA) certified and qualified to cut and handle all sizes and types of glass. With Glass Doctor, homeowners can choose from a variety of insulated glass units (IGUs), including double or triple pane windows.
Call us at 855-603-1919 to schedule a free consultation. We're the company that can replace your house's windows with quality and professionalism.
Consumer Reports: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/home-windows/buying-guide.htm
Angie's List: http://www.angieslist.com/research/replacement-windows/