Auto Windshield Chip Repair
When your windshield has a chip or crack, it’s best to repair it right away before it spreads and affects the entire structure of your car. Find specialists who are fully qualified to take care of your car’s chipped windshield. Follow this guide to learn more about repair and replacement needs!
How to Repair a Chipped Auto Windshield
Dust and debris are removed from your damaged windshield by cleaning or drilling. Once a smooth pathway is created resin is injected, cured and polished to restore your car glass to a clean, transparent finish. It’s that simple. When you don’t have access to a DIY kit, it’s best to leave your repair to professionals for quick, affordable service.
Do I Repair or Replace?
Chipped windshields and auto glass cracks of all shapes and sizes can easily be repaired. Chips in the shape of craters, horseshoes, stars and bullseyes can easily be repaired if they aren’t too wide. Location and timespan are also important factors in determining whether or not your chip needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Cracks that extend past three inches and chips larger than 3/8 inch usually require you to replace your windshield.
- Windshield replacement is also recommended for windshields with chips that obscure your line of vision.
- It’s best to address a chipped windshield immediately. Over time, dirt and debris will build up in a crack, making it more difficult to repair.
Advantages of Windshield Repair
If auto experts determine your windshield chip can be repaired, you’ll save a lot of money from an expensive replacement.
- Repairing your auto windshield chip is convenient. Most repairs from glass repair services can be made in under an hour and your car insurance company often covers the cost and waives the deductible.
- Repairing your auto windshield chip is inexpensive when compared to the cost of replacing an entire windshield.
- Repairing your auto windshield protects the environment. Scrapped windshields often end up in overflowing landfills.
Call Glass Doctor for Your Auto Windshield Chip Repair
At Glass Doctor, we strive to save you money and time on your auto windshield chip repair. Our mobile service specialists deliver premium service when you need it. For auto or home glass repair you can trust, call Glass Doctor today at 855-603-1919 or set up an appointment at one of our locations near you.
Safe Windshields: http://www.safewindshields.org/
Windshield Guide: http://www.windshieldguide.com/a-complete-guide-for-windshield-replacement-cost/#Cost_of_Windshield_Replacement